A solar carport is essentially a canopy, built to support a sizable solar array. It also provides usable space underneath the mounted solar panels for many different uses. Usually much larger in size and designed for high solar power production capacity, the support structures are pre-engineered and made of steel.
These structures have increasingly become popular and are eligible for certain additional incentives in Massachusetts and all standard incentives in Rhode Island. Because of growing use, more engineered choices are available today. This competition makes it possible to shop for more features across a wider range of costs:
- Many suppliers offer complete analysis, design, and fabrication for each application.
- Most canopy systems are designed to minimally impact installation. Little or no on-site welding is required. Bolting and fastening during erection is easy.
- Standard designs include components built to inventory.
- Custom designs are usually fabricated quickly.
- A variation of foundation styles are available to accommodate most any ground and surface needs.
- Rain water and snow melt management are commonly built in.
- Available in small, modular sections and as long-span complete designs.
See More Details Concerning Solar Carports >>